Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tshirt design














So I thought I'd be a bit "Adbuster-ish" and make some t-shirts at a screenprinting workshop I signed up for. No, I didn't use bamboo or organic cotton, I used some blank grey marle cotton t-shirts I had left over from a print job about 5 years ago. Recycling YAY!

Basically I learned not to try and do a difficult register on my second ever t-shirt print. THis is the best of the bunch, and I will wear them around happily. I was glad to learn how to do it properly though, and kept this screen in case I want to try again.

I think my next one will be mostly white with just some scrabbly bits of secondary colour that overprint. I want to do some with a really cutting but simple message on it. I want everyone to wear one when we overthrow our corporate overlords.

2 comments:

maddie said...

love it love it love it!! how can i get one of these beauties?

was it a nightmare to screenprint?

Becky said...

Well no, because I had a rig in a studio. The next run will be at home, so as soon as I can afford a rig (about $50) I'll be up and running!

What's your size?